Klondike, also known simply as Patience or Solitaire is the most well known and popular of the Patience family of card games.
Aim[edit | edit source]
The aim of patience is to make get all cards on to the foundation piles, beginning with Aces and working up in numerical order until all four kings are placed.
Set up[edit | edit source]
- Place seven cards face-down in a line, next to each other
- Turn up the card on the left
- Place six cards on top of the six that are already face down
- Turn up the left card of the second row
- Repeat this until you only put one card down, and turn this up
- Place the deck to one side
How to play[edit | edit source]
- Place any aces in the bottom row into one of four foundation piles above the rows.
- Turn over the top card of the deck.
- Attempt to place the card in an appropriate spot.
- Cards must switch between red and black.
- Cards must be in order (K, Q, J, 10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, A).
- The goal is to move all cards into the foundation piles.
- Foundation piles must all be the same suit (spades, clubs, hearts, diamonds).
- Foundation piles must be in order (A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K).
- You can move an appropriate card to the foundation piles at any time.
Variations[edit | edit source]
3-draw/1-draw. No limit.