Adventist Adventurer Awards/Good Samaritan
What does it mean to have a need?
Age appropriate discussion that might include food, shelter, clothing, water, transportation, blankets, etc.
What is promised to those who help those with a need?
For example: Prov 28:27, 1 John 3:17, Prov 19:17, 1 Samuel 2:8, Prov. 21:13, or Matthew 5:3.
Read and discuss Matthew 25:35-40.
What agencies are available to help someone with a need?
Adventist Community Service, Dorcus, ADRA, Red Cross, Salvation Army, Samaritan Purse, Local food banks
How does your local church help those with a need?
Invite several church members to share with the club how and who they help.
Discuss ways you can help those who have a need.
Such as, collect cloths, food, help with finding shelter; participate in a fundraiser for a family or an agency.
Participate in two activities to help someone in need, such as:
Obtain proper authorization, permission, applicable permits and insurance to do the chosen activity.
- A family in need in your community and help them
- Feed the homeless in your community
- Collect canned goods for a homeless shelter of food drive/bank
- Volunteer at a soup kitchen, homeless shelter, or city food pantry
- Participate in a clothing drive, hand out blankets and/or socks, etc.
- Or an idea of your own.
Discuss your experiences from the activities your choose.
Follow event with a lively discussion.