Jump to navigation Jump to search
| Old-style bookshelves were phased out years ago for subjects, which were later converted to the Wikibooks Stacks.
The corresponding page now replacing this bookshelf is Department:Languages.
Languages of Africa
Languages of the Americas
The Miskito language is spoken by nearly 200,000 people in Nicaragua and Honduras. Miskitu Aisas! ("Speak Miskito!") presents the language through graded, user-friendly lessons.
(For English..., French..., Portuguese..., Spanish... see Languages of Europe.)
- Inuktitut, Inuinnaqtun (Inuit, Eskimo)
- Miwok (Central Sierra)
Languages of Asia
(For Hebrew see Languages of the Middle East.)
- Nepal Bhasa
Languages of Europe
Latin was the everyday language of the Romans and the basis of Romance languages. Studying Latin will make it easy to learn any such language. As you learn this classical language, you'll connect with Julius Caesar and many other famous Romans. Furthermore, the study of Latin will develop a firm linguistic foundation, bridging the gap between you and some of the greatest writers, scientists, and thinkers.
The Spanish language is spoken by over 450 million persons worldwide. Join their number with the help of this engaging beginner's textbook.
(For Afrikaans see Languages of Africa. For Azerbaijani see Languages of Asia. For Hebrew see Languages of the Middle East.)
- English in use - Grammar guide
- English for B2 students - Upper Intermediate course book
- English for beginners - Elementary course book
- Cambridge English: First (FCE) - FCE exam study guide
- Business English
- Systematic English Phonics
- English Grammar
- Handbook of English Language Standards
- Old English
- German in bite-sized lessons
- Freistil - German annotated texts
- Irish Gaelic
- Lower Sorbian grammar
- Lowland Scots
- Scottish Gaelic
Languages of the Middle East
(For Yiddish... see Languages of Europe.)
Languages of the Pacific
- Lingua Franca Nova
- Quenya (Grammar)
- Tengwar (The Elven writing systems invented by J.R.R. Tolkien)
- Toki Pona
- Al Bakiyye
Other Language Books
- Authoring Foreign Language Textbooks
- Becoming a linguistic mastermind
- East Asian Calligraphy
- False Friends of the Slavist
- How to Learn a Language
- How to Teach a Language
- Understanding Scientific Terminology — Greek and Latin roots of Technical terms
- Visual Language Interpreting
- List of language families#Language families at Wikipedia.