United States Postage Meter Stamp Catalog/sandbox2
GROUP TST: Stamps generated in equipment and component tests
- Most of the stamps in this group were listed as Specimens (Sub-group B) in earlier editions of this catalog. Specimens are primarily generated for publicity and promotional purposes and are meant for public release. Test stamps have a different purpose. They are used by meter companies to preview town marks and slogans before release to the customer. Such test stamps are typically destroyed after use.
- Test stamps are also generated when variable rate stamp vending machines and digital post office franking systems are switched on. Such stamps indicate if everything has initialized properly. Test stamps such as this occasionally are found in trash bins near the machines.
Type SPE-A(IA3a????) in 2001 edition
TST-IA3. Pitney Bowes.
- Type IA3 with xxxxxxxx xxxxxxx.
Type SPE-A(MA1) in 2001 edition
TST-NA1. Pitney Bowes.
- Type NA1 with TEST ONLY SPECIMEN in arc above eagle's head.
- A. Town line: MAILED FROM STAMFORD CT 06905
- B. Town line: THIS IS FOR TESTING ONLY and ZIP code
- Meter number: PB 2000000
- V/F: $00.00o
Types SPE-A(MA2)2 and SPE-A(MA2)3 in 2001 edition
TST-NA2.1. Pitney Bowes.
- Type NA2.1 with TEST ONLY SPECIMEN in arc above eagle's head.
- A. Town line: SPECIMEN SPECIMEN
- B. Town line: THIS IS FOR TESTING ONLY 09626
- C. Town line: normal town, state and ZIP code
- D. Town line: MAILED FROM FOXLAND 06926
- Meter number for A: PB0004510
- Meter number for B, C and D: 000000000
- V/F: $00.00o
Type SPE-B(xxx) in 2001 edition
TST1. Pitney Bowes.
- V/F: ≋ 00 :