UK Housing Law/Tenants/End of tenancy

From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
< UK Housing Law
Jump to: navigation, search


To recover your deposit, check which Tenancy Deposit Scheme you are enrolled in.

If using:

  • The Deposit Protection Service (The DPS)
 * You will be asked by the DPS to supply your Repayment ID, which was supplied to you at the start of your tenancy. This is not the landlord’s Repayment ID – they have a separate one.
  • Tenancy Deposit Solutions Ltd (TDSL)
  • The Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS)
 * You will be asked by the TDS for your unique tenancy ID. 
   This can be located on your tenancy deposit protection certificate 
   or it can be located online at


  1. Arrange and pay cleaners
  2. Recover deposit (using Repayment ID, if enrolled in the DPS) or (Tenancy Code if enrolled with TDS)