Jump to navigation Jump to search
Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air 2.0
'To those who will not have the benefit of two billion years' accumulated energy reserves'
|This is a Wikibook updated version of Sustainable Energy - Without the Hot Air|
Table of Contents[edit | edit source]
Part I : Numbers, not adjectives[edit | edit source]
- 1 Motivations
- 2 The balance sheet
- 3 Cars
- 4 Wind
- 5 Planes
- 6 Solar
- 7 Heating and cooling
- 8 Hydroelectricity
- 9 Light
- 10 Offshore wind
- 11 Gadgets
- 12 Wave
- 13 Food and farming
- 14 Tide
- 15 Stuff
- 16 Geothermal
- 17 Public services
- 18 Can we live on renewables?
Part II : Making a difference[edit | edit source]
- 19 Every BIG helps
- 20 Better transport
- 21 Smarter heating
- 22 Efficient electricity use
- 23 Sustainable fossil fuels?
- 24 Nuclear?
- 25 Living on other countries' renewables?
- 26 Fluctuations and storage
- 27 Five energy plans for Britain
- 28 Putting costs in perspective
- 29 What to do now
- 30 Energy plans for Europe, America, and the World
- 31 The last thing we should talk about
- 32 Saying yes