Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ificiana to English
- Definite grammatical article that implies necessarily that an entity it articulates is presupposed; something already mentioned, or completely specified later in that same sentence, or assumed already completely specified.
- Used before an object considered to be unique, or of which there is only one at a time.
- Lïfux fufi buxwëm hemeyzēs çisi o 'cafowisti (çi=afowisti). 
- Used before a superlative or an ordinal number modifying a noun, to indicate that the noun refers to a single item.
- Be çet çi cittö niem iwis! 
- Used before an adjective, indicating all things (especially persons) described by that adjective.
- Mĳ çi baŋsz gëv'm, mĳ çi feliv dïmuçi'm, mĳ çi le egmodtö dungustö'm, endt çi dungustecmi egmodtö'm.
- Used before a body part (especially of someone previously mentioned), as an alternative to a possessive pronoun.
- Bot ef töufi bon u çi biev. (= “Bot ef töufi bon u boēs biev.”) 
Çi before a word initialised by a vowel is prefixed as 'c.
Example:- 'canbrime 
Texts & References
- I am reading the book.
- The street in front of your house.
- No one knows how many galaxies there are in the universe.
- That was the best meal ever!
- Feed the hungry, clothe the naked, comfort the afflicted, and afflict the comfortable.
- A stone hit him on the head. (= “A stone hit him on his head.”)
- the umbrella