DISCover was a system designed to allow traditional PC games to be easily played in a console setting.
DISCover was a combination of a BIOS chip running DISCover software and a script database to optimize the running of certain games in a console setting, as well as to automatically update and patch games.
- Video Game Console Library - DISCover page.
- Maragos, Nich. "Gamasutra - The Art & Business of Making Games" (in en). https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/95715/ApeXtreme_Hardware_Release_On_Hold.php. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "Home Page". https://www.videogameconsolelibrary.com/pg00-discover.htm#page=reviews. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "Alienware to Provide Industry Preview of Innovative New Digital Home System at CEDIA EXPO 2005" (in en). 9 September 2005. https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20050909005081/en/Alienware-Provide-Industry-Preview-Innovative-New-Digital. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "Alienware Introduces Next-Generation DHS Media Center Systems" (in en). 10 November 2004. https://www.itprotoday.com/compute-engines/alienware-introduces-next-generation-dhs-media-center-systems. Retrieved 12 November 2020.
- "Q&A: Loren Kaiser on the DISCover engine". https://www.gamespot.com/articles/qanda-loren-kaiser-on-the-discover-engine/1100-6086190/. Retrieved 12 November 2020.