Hebrew Roots/Neglected Commandments/Honouring Almighty God
Yeshua said, "If you love me, keep my commandments."
- Obedience is Proof of Love - I John 2:3-6
"He that has my commandments and keeps them, he it is that loves me ... " "He that loves me not keeps not my sayings: and the word which you hear is not mine, but the Father's which sent me." John 14:15, 21, 24
- What are Yeshua's Commandments?
"If you keep My commandments you will abide in My love, just as I have kept My Father's commandments and abide in His love." John 15:10
- So we see that Yeshua kept His Father's commandments.
"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants ... ... for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you." John 15:14-15
- The Father's Commandments are Transmitted Through the Son
The relationship has changed. Yeshua has taken the commission to bring us into an understanding of, and an obedience to, the Father's perfect will. He has changed our status from that of servitude to that of intimate relationship and participation in the affairs of the kingdom.
- We honor the Father through honoring the Son and doing what He asks us to do.