Hebrew Roots/Holy Days/Purim/Service
SERVICE FOR PURIM
1. OPENING PRAYER
We remember Your faithfulness to preserve Your people, Israel, at this season of Purim. We bless You that You have always preserved a testimony in the earth to Your mighty power. You are mighty to save!
2. THE FESTIVAL LIGHTS
We kindle these lights this night on account of the miracles, the deliverance's and the wonders which You have performed for the Patriarchs and for all the holy men and women of old who have stood before You to seek Your intervention against the wicked devices of the enemy in this world. We give thanks unto Your Holy Name.
Blessed are You Yahweh, our God, King of the Universe, Who has sanctified us in Your Word, and given us Y'shua our Messiah, and commanded us to be light in the world. In His Name we kindle the festival lights. Amen.
- Ba-ruch ah-ta Yahweh, Eh-lo-hay-nu, meh-lech ha-oh-lahm, ah-sher keed-sha-nu beed-va-reh-cha v’na-than la-nu et Y'shua M’she-chay-nu, v’tzee-va-nu l’he-oat oar la-oh-lahm, ha-nair shel Yom Tov Ah-mein
3. CONGREGATIONAL PRAYER
Leader: Hear, O Israel, Yahweh our God is One. Blessed be the Name of Yahweh Whose glorious kingdom is forever!
- Sh' ma Yis' raeil, Yahweh Eloheinu, Yahweh Echad.
Baruch Yahweh khvod malchu tol olam va' ed. A men.
Congregation: May His Great Name be blessed forever and for all eternity
- Y'hay sh'may rabboh m'vorach l'olam ool'ol'may ol'm'yoh
Leader: Bless Yahweh who is blessed (Baruch Yahweh hamvorach) Congregation:Bless Yahweh Who is blessed forever. (Baruch Yahweh hamvorach l'olam va'ed)
Reader: Exodus 20: 1-17
Leader: Who is like unto You, O Yahweh among the gods? Who is like unto You, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders? Who is like unto You, O Yahweh?
- Mi kamocha ba' eilim Yahweh, Mi kamocha nedar ba' kodesh, norah tehillot, oseh feleh Mi kamocha ba' eilim?
4. SCRIPTURE READING
- Esther 9:18-28
Glorified and sanctified be the great Name of Yahweh throughout the world, which He has created according to His will. May He establish His kingdom in your lifetime and during your days, and within the life of the entire house of Israel, speedily and soon; and say Amen.
- Yitgadal v yitkadash sh may rabba b al rna di-v rah chirootey, v yamlich malchootey b chay-yechohn uv yomaechohn, uv hayae d chol bayt Yisrael. Ba agalah uvizman kareev, v-imroo. Amein.
May there be abundant peace from Heaven, and life, for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen. He who creates peace in His celestial heights, may He create peace for us and for all Israel; and say, Amen.
- Y'hay sh'loh-moh b'olmoh, v'imru Amein Oseh shalom bim-roh-mov hu yah-ah-say shalom oh-lay-nu v'al kol Yisroel, v'imru Amein.
7. AARONIC BLESSING
Yahweh bless you and keep you. Yahweh make His face to shine upon you and be gracious unto you. Yahweh lift up His countenance upon you and give you peace. In the name of the Prince of Peace, Y'shua the Messiah. Amen.
- Yahweh v yish-marechah. Yaer Yahweh panav aelechah veechu-nechah. Yisah Yahweh panav aelechah v ya- saem l chah shalom. B Shaem Y shua haMoshiach, Sar haShalom. Amein.
It is a tradition to read the whole book of Esther over the two days of the holiday. Role plays are often enacted in full costume using the main characters in the theme of the story. Haman, the enemy of God's people is viewed as a type of Anti-Christ and the story has an end-time prophetic application with Esther, as a type of the Bride, standing in intercession before the King for their deliverance.