Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas/Appendices/Dating Guide
San Andreas introduces the ability for the player to pick up dates and go out with them.
The main reason to date a girl is to get a special bonus in exchange. However CJ's girlfriends, just like in real life, require upkeep and pampering, and the right care for their personality and tastes.
Pickup Methods[edit | edit source]
There are six girls found around the map that are dateable. They have a blue marker above their head to alert the player to this fact. Each girl can only be found in one particular place (see below).
Carl Johnson can date more than one girl at once, and, unlike in real life, the other girlfriends don't seem bothered if he adds another to his harem (unless they catch you cheating).
All that is necessary to get a date is to walk up to a woman. CJ doesn't have to say anything; if she likes the look of him she'll ask for a date, if she doesn't she'll brush him off and say what she doesn't like about him.
There are usually particular appearance features a girl likes. If CJ meets her criteria, it's a date; if not, she'll give him tips about what to improve so he can dress up and work out and try again later. However if CJ's sex appeal rating is high enough (through things like a modded car, clothes, and oyster collection) that will override the girl's fancy and he can date her regardless of his physique.
The Right Ride[edit | edit source]
Get a fast or pimped-up car before you go on your date, as it will improve your sex appeal while you are in it or have just exited it. However some girls do not like fast driving, so watch the acceleration when riding with them.
Consider flying them in a airplane or helicopter depending on where the woman lives. Fly the woman to another city for the date. They will be VERY appreciative even if you just barely land (At least with the "Hot Coffee" mod which may have unlocked some additional uncensored matterials). Do this after you complete the mission learning to fly.
Starting the Date[edit | edit source]
To start a date with a girl, simply go to her house. However the girls will only be home at certain times. If she's home a two-player icon (PS2 and Xbox only) and a red marker will appear, along with her car. Simply walk or drive into the red marker to begin the date.
If she's not home the red marker and car won't be there, and if CJ tries to visit anyway a text message will tell him she's not home.
Upon entering the marker, one of several types of dates is chosen randomly and the girl will tell CJ where to take her. Each type of date has specific objectives, and each girl's requirements for the date is different.
Types of Dates[edit | edit source]
- successful date: the ideal goal, CJ drops his girl home and she expresses enjoyment of it.
- "abandon date": CJ leaves the girl behind. The easiest way to do this is to get in a car and roar off before she has time to get in. Once CJ is so far away that her marker is at the edge of the mini-map, the date instantly ends.
- failed date: CJ drops the girl off home and has failed. This might be that he failed to follow the girl's requirements, or that the date took too long, or even if appearance standards are too low when he drops her off (perhaps if he swapped clothes or cars in the meantime). this also happens if you are caught cheating.
What Not To Do on a Date[edit | edit source]
Make sure to never hurt a girl, even by accident. Hitting her once might not fail the date, but hitting more than once or shooting will instantly end the date. Understandably, the relationship meter goes down by a huge amount and will be difficult to get back up to where it was.
The girls have a lot of health but they can still be killed; if a girl is killed by CJ (not counting other drivers etc. killing her) she will, obviously, no longer be available for dating, although you still retain the rewards you got for dating her.
Never allow a girl's respect for you to reach 0%. If it does, date her immediately until it is above 0%. A higher minimum is adviseable, but at the very least keep it above 0%.
Why? If you let a girl's respect for you reach 0%, and then date another girl, your current date will always once be caught by a jealous date whose respect for you is 0%. There are two answers to this situation, one better than the other, but both bad. You are told to escape. If you go too near the jealous date, both parties have caught you cheating. The current date is over. If you go far enough away from the jealous date, only the jealous date has caught you cheating, and the current date can still be a success. This remains a bad situation however, because whoever catches you cheating will dump you the next time you see her, no matter what else happens. Being dumped has the same effect as having killed her - you will no longer be able to date her.
Gifts and Kisses[edit | edit source]
On most date types, CJ can give his girlfriend flowers, a dildo, or, surprisingly, a vibrator; it is located in the weapon slot so scroll to it and give it to her by pressing the L1 button when standing in front of her (on the Xbox, pull the right trigger and a prompt to pull the left trigger will appear). Be careful to not hit attack instead or he will attack her with it (see What Not To Do on a Date).
- Flowers can be found all over San Andreas, usually at gas stations, and can also be found hiding in flower beds and gardens.
- Dildos can be found in the sex shop featured in the mission "Key to her heart" or in some police stations around San Andreas.
- Vibrators can be found at the construction site in the Bayside (Northwestern Edge of San Andreas) area behind a big dumpster.
CJ can also kiss his girl (by standing near her and holding L1). If their relationship rating is rather low, she may push him away, but if the relationship is going well she will readily kiss him back.
However kisses don't always affect the relationship level positively; to help ensure a better rating give a gift and then kiss her immediately after.
Another thing CJ can do is take a photo of his girl (if he has a camera). Simply point the camera at her; if done right CJ will say something and she will wave and smile. However taking a picture does not seem to affect the relationship.
Hot Coffee[edit | edit source]
When CJ's relationship is good enough he can go in for "coffee". However some diligent hackers have discovered that Rockstar originally planned for CJ to get a whole lot more than "coffee" when he went into their houses. Read more about Hot Coffee at the Game Mods page. saeed
The Girls[edit | edit source]
There are six girls who can become CJ's girlfriend.
Denise Robinson[edit | edit source]
- Where: Get from "Burning Desire" mission in Los Santos. Her house next to Grove Street in Ganton.
- When: 16:00 to 06:00
- Turn-ons: Drive-by shootings of non-Grove Street gang members, Fast food resturants (except Burger Shot). Bars.
- Turn-offs: Burger Shot, diners, upscale restaurants.
- Reward for Dating: Key to her car after the first "coffee".
- Reward for 100% Progress: Pimp Clothes
Katie Zhan[edit | edit source]
- Where: At the northeast edge of the golf course at the The Avispa Country Club in San Fierro (Souhtwest SF, near the gym).
- When: 12:00 to 00:00
- Turn-ons: Muscular men, Chinatown, Diners, Car crashes.
- Turn-offs: Area around where she lives, Fast food resturants.
- Reward for Dating: You can get out of hospital for free after being wasted, you also get to keep all your weapons.
- Reward for 100% Progress: Medic Clothes
- Glitch: If you date Katie, and then start a new game, or even if you write over your save file with a new game (after loading the old one), the reward for dating still applies for some reason - from the very beginning of the new game, you will not lose your weapons for being killed. This may be useful if you get dumped by or kill a girlfriend and want to start over, or if you want to play from the beginning with the useful bonus.
NOTE: When doing Katie's driving date, she will keep urging you to go faster, even when the game tells you that you are driving too fast. Pay attention to the game and ignore the girl. She seems to like speed and car crashes well enough the rest of the time, but keep your vehicle at cruising speeds on the date or she will quickly become bored. She's a pain in the arse!
Helena Wankstein[edit | edit source]
- Where: Blueberry, Red County on top of the Ammunation.
- When: 08:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 02:00
- Turn-ons: The Countryside, Posh Restaurants, average men with lots of sex appeal.
- Turn-offs: Muscular men, Urban areas.
- Reward for Dating: Access to Helena's stash of weapons in her barn, includes a pistol, a chainsaw, a flamethrower, and molotov cocktails.
- Reward for 100% Progress: Country Clothes
Michelle Cannes[edit | edit source]
- Where: Driving school in San Fierro.
- When: 00:01 to 12:00
- Turn-ons: Fat men, Bars. The "Hotknife" vehicle if you have access to it.
- Turn-offs: Driving slowly, Diners, Pizza.
- Reward for Dating: Free use of Michelle's garage, which is basically a Pay 'N Spray. You also get the keys to her monster truck at 50%
- Reward for 100% Progress: Racing Clothes
Barbara Schternvart[edit | edit source]
- Where: El Quebrados, The Sheriff's Parking Lot, (Northwestern edge of map).
- When: 20:00 to 06:00
- Turnons: Diners, Fat men.
- Turn-offs: Driving too fast.
- Reward for Dating: You can get out of jail for free after being busted, you also get to keep all your weapons.
- Reward for 100% Progress: Police Uniform
Millie Perkins[edit | edit source]
- Where: "Key to her Heart" mission in Las Venturas. Her house is in Spiney Red, a northern suburb of Las Venturas.
- When: 02:00 to 10:00 and 14:00 to 20:00; Some days only at exactly at 12:00.
- Turn-ons: wearing the gimp suit, clubs?, nice restaraunts
- Turn-offs: Damaging your car at all, Diners, Fast food, Smoothies
- Reward for Dating: A casino security entrance card, required for a mission
- Reward for 50% Progress: Access to her Club car
- Reward for 100% Progress: None!
Note: Many people report that dating Millie is an extreme hassle, and since it is required during the Caligula's Casino heist mission, here are a few tips specific to her:
- If you don't mind not being able to date her ever again, a simple method is to start a date with her, then immediately kill her. Afterwards, you should get a call from Woozie, and you can now just walk into her house and take the card.
- Alternatively, if you arrive for the date dressed in the gimp suit, there will be no date, and you progress straight to the kinky lovin'. Every time you do this you will gain 10% progress. Do this twice and the mission is completed, without having to go to bars, clubs, etc..
Girlfriends Not Showing Up for Dates?[edit | edit source]
As a man that doesn't kill his girlfriends (or cheat on them for that matter), I've been through the whole "non-appearing" GF thing many times. But I've devised a way that works all of the time... for me anyway.
Denise, Michelle, Barbara, and Helena usually appear for dates at 00:00
Millie and Katie usually appear at 12:00
If your girlfriend isn't home during this time;
- Go to a safe house near your girlfriend's home and save consecutively right through the current day, and ALL THROUGH THE NEXT DAY. (example: if it's Sunday on your game, save til it's Tuesday).
- Right when you've reached the next day (which should be no more later than 6:00 two days after you started saving) go to the girl's house. Depending on the girl, she may not be there since they all have somewhat different times of showing up.
- Enter the 'faster clock' cheat (I know. Some of you want a cheat free file, just trust me) to see if she shows up. Odds are, she will show up.
- For those wanting a cheat free file, just load your previously saved game and save all the way up to the time your girlfriend is supposed to be there. You can also just hang around and cause mayhem whilst you're waitin! Trust me, It works!