Fukushima Aftermath: Diablo Nuclear Redux?/disaster
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
From Italian disastro, disaster; originally meaning "unfavourable to one's stars", from dis-#Italian|dis-, bad (compare dys-), + astro, star, celestial body, from Latin astrum, from Greek astron.
- An unexpected natural or man-made catastrophe of substantial extent causing significant physical damage or destruction, loss of life or sometimes permanent change to the natural environment.
- An unforeseen event causing great loss, upset or unpleasantness of whatever kind.
- The downpour and gales turned the wedding into a disaster.
- A nod means good, two nods; very good. And then there's the pursing of the lips: disaster.
-The Devil Wears Prada
- See also Wikisaurus:disaster
- French: fr|désastre. See also fr|catastrophe
- German: Desaster