From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
D'ni has adverbs, both original or derived from adjectives. Adverbs generally follow the verb they describe, except the temporal ones which precede the verb.
There are a few adverbs attested:
- thoe 'how?'
- megörë 'straight (out of)'
- ril 'not'
- blo 'about, approximately'
- gormot 'then'. Maybe gormot is a compound of gor ‘time’ and mot ‘that, which’.
- gormet 'now'. Not attested, but a hypothised compound of gor ‘time’ and met ‘this’.
- gath 'still'
- can 'always'
Derivation from adjectives
The adverbs can be derived by -sh suffixed to an adjective
- kera 'brave' > kera-sh 'bravely'
- garo 'might' > garo-sh 'mightily'