From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Windsor pudding)
- 1/2 pound (225g) of shredded suet
- French roll
- Small amount of nutmeg
- Rind of a lemon
- 1/2 pound (225g) of chopped apples
- 1/2 pound (225g) of currants
- 1/2 pound (225g) of raisins
- Glass of rich, sweet wine
- 5 eggs
- Shred half a pound of suet very fine, grate into it half a pound of French roll, a little nutmeg, and the rind of a lemon.
- Add to these half a pound of chopped apples, half a pound of currants, clean washed and dried, half a pound of jar raisins, stoned and chopped, a glass of rich sweet wine, and 5 eggs, beaten with a little salt.
- Mix all thoroughly together, and boil it in a basin or mould for three hours.
- Sift fine sugar over it when sent to table, and pour whitewine sauce into the dish.