- 2 cups of thick coconut milk
- 1/2 lb. of brown sugar (or jaggery)
- 4 eggs
- A pinch of ground cardamom (optional)
- 3 cloves (optional)
- 12 cashews
- Beat the eggs in a mixer. Add the milk, brown sugar, cardamom and cloves to the beaten eggs. Mix well. Add the mixture into a pot and steam for 20 minutes. Add the cashews.
- Alternatively, the mixture can be poured into multiple small aluminum baking foils and then steamed for about 5–10 minutes.
One can also vary or enhance the aroma and flavour by adding thick pandan (Pandanus amaryllifolius) juice or vanilla pod gratings.