Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Servings||3 4-section waffles|
|Time||prep 10 minutes|
5 minutes per waffle
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1½ cups milk
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1¾ cups flour
- Lightly brush grids with oil, close waffle iron, and heat on "waffle."
- In small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff (but not dry) and set aside.
- In large bowl, beat egg yolks until thick and lemon-colored.
- Continue beating, adding milk and oil.
- Add dry ingredients, beat until smooth, and fold in egg whites.
- Pour 1 cup of batter on heated grid, close unit and bake until light goes out. This will take about 5 minutes.
Makes 3 4-section waffles.
- Spread ¾ cup batter, then quickly cover surface of batter with thinly sliced apples. Close cover and cook as usual.