Cookbook:Sweet & Sour Grilled Tuna
Jump to navigation Jump to search
You won't believe how well ahi tuna responds to Asian flavors. It's just like apple and pork. They were meant for each other.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 pounds ahi tuna loin, cut into 2 pieces
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 2 Tbs peanut oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, and sugar. Reserve 1/4 cup and add tuna to larger amount of mixture and toss to coat. Drain tuna and set aside.
- Coat a sheet of newspaper with 1-2 tsp oil. Wad up and place under a good chimneyful of natural chunk charcoal. Light and wait 15 minutes or until coals are coated with light gray ash.
- Rub grate with remaining oil and place on heated chimney. Add tuna and cook 15-30 seconds or until desired doneness is achieved.
- Remove to a plate and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Let rest 3 minutes.
- Slice thinly across the grain and serve with reserved marinade, or wrap tightly with a new sheet of plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 3 days.