Cookbook:Steak & Pepper Stir-Fry
If you're in the mood for Asian, don't settle for a take away...
- 6 ounces beef rib-eye steak, sliced thinly across the grain on a bias
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbs soy sauce
- 1 Tbs peanut oil
- 1/2 each red bell and green bell pepper, julienned
- 1 Tbs minced ginger
- 1 Tbs minced garlic
- 1 Thai bird chili, finely minced
- Season beef liberally with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Preheat a large stainless steel or cast iron skillet, or a wok, over medium high heat. Add peanut oil and seasoned beef and cook, tossing often, until meat is browned and slightly charred on both sides. Remove and keep warm.
- Toss remaining ingredients together and place into the wok. Cook, tossing often, until vegetables are slightly browned around edges.
- Add steak and heat through. Serve warm with soy sauce on the side.