Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
- 5 ounces semisweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- Pinch of salt
- 3 egg yolks, beaten
- 1 habanero chilli, seeded and minced
- 12 flour tortillas, each cut into 10 wedges
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed orange juice
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Toss tortilla wedges with butter. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup sugar and place on a half-sheet pan.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Heat an inch of water in a large saucepan to a simmer. Place a stainless steel bowl that hangs over the edges on top.
- Remove bowl from pot and add egg yolks, whisking continuously, and place back on top of the pot. Cook, whisking continuously, until eggs fall off of whisk in a ribbon.
- Add chocolate, chilli, orange juice, remaining sugar, and vanilla extract. Cook, whisking continuously, until chocolate is melted and all ingredients are heated through.
- Drizzle sauce over tortillas and serve warm.