Cookbook:Savoury Rice Cake
(Redirected from Cookbook:Savoury rice cake)
- 1.5 cups (360ml) short grain rice, cooked
- 4 spring onions, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 0.5 cup (120ml) grated parmesan cheese
- 500g carrots, cauliflower and broccoli
- 1.5 cups (260ml) grated mozzarella cheese
- 1.5 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 cup (240ml) tomato salsa, for serving
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked rice, spring onions, eggs and the Parmesan cheese. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Press half the rice mixture into a greased 20cm spring form pan. Toss vegetables with one cup of mozzarella cheese, place into pan. Spoon on the remaining rice and press down firmly. Sprinkle evenly with remaining cheese and thyme.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 30-35 minutes. Serve with tomato salsa.