Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Roasted eggplant)
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Rub the eggplant with vegetable oil, and prick the skin all over with a fork to make steam vents.
- Place eggplant in a pan, and broil or roast in a hot oven until the skin is blackened and the flesh is soft. Let cool.
- Cut the eggplant in half lengthwise. Keep the flesh and discard the burnt skin.
- Mince the eggplant flesh with a knife to get a purée, keeping the seeds whole. Use a stainless steel or wooden chopper.
- Transfer the eggplant to a bowl, and mix in ½–1 tbsp oil per whole eggplant used. Mix in the onion, and season to taste with salt.
- Chill in the fridge until serving.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- It is advisable to use a pan with elevated ridges so that eggplant won't be cooking in its own juices.