|This Cookbook page needs work. Please . See the talk page for discussion regarding improvements. |
The following reason was given: Page should be split
Killer queso dip[edit | edit source]
- 1 lb. (450g) hot pork sausage
- 1 lb. (450g) Velveeta cheese
- 10 oz. (280g) can tomatoes stewed with green chilies (e.g. Rotel brand)
Serve with tortilla chips or Fritos. Recipe makes about 3 cups.
In a saucepan[edit | edit source]
Brown sausage in saucepan and drain grease. Add cubed cheese, diced tomatoes and diced chilies. Heat over low, stirring until cheese is melted and ingredients are well blended.
In a slow cooker[edit | edit source]
Brown sausage in a skillet and drain grease. In a slow cooker, melt cheese with tomatoes and chilies, stirring. Add browned sausage. Stir until well melted and mixed.
Quick and easy queso dip[edit | edit source]
- 10 oz. (280g) of stewed tomatoes with green chilies
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lb. (450g) Velveeta cheese, cubed
- 0.5 lb. (225g) monterrey jack cheese, grated
In small pan, heat undrained tomatoes and onion, cooking until the juice is gone. While tomatoes are cooking, place Velveeta in microwave-safe bowl and melt in microwave. Add monterrey jack cheese and melt mixture using 50% power. Add tomato mixture.
Can also be made using crock pot.