I invented this recipe for children and vegetarians as it combines ingredients that they seem to love. It is also excruciatingly easy to make, and it's very tasty. The ingredients, all "good" ingredients, can normally be obtained in any food outlet - not necessarily a supermarket, so it is good for "last minute" and, lastly, it needs only one pan to cook.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
It is always difficult to provide exact quantities when suggesting a recipe, as it all rather depends on how many people you are cooking for. Let us however assume you are cooking for four people.
- 1 mugful of your favourite dried pasta per person
- 1 400 gr container of plain Philadelphia cream cheese
- 1 410 gr tin of sweetcorn
- 1 tin of tuna of equal size to the sweet corn
- 3 tsp of pesto
- A little ground pepper
- olive oil
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Put the pasta on to boil in copious amounts of water with a little salt and a drop of olive oil added.
- In a mixing bowl combine all the rest of the ingredients.
- When the pasta is cooked, drain through a colander and add to the bowl.
- Stir through, so that everything becomes well coated.
Please bear in mind that a REAL Italian will always thoroughly mix up the pasta and the sauce in a large bowl before serving. Serving the "naked" pasta on the plate, and slobbering the sauce on top of it is both lazy and defeats the object of a pasta sauce!
A further thing about this dish is that it is equally delicious as a cold pasta salad, so make plenty of it for lunch, and have it cold for dinner.
Buon Appetito, Wikibookians !!