Cookbook:Nigerian Banana Bread
Jump to navigation Jump to search
This easy banana bread recipe only requires a few ingredients. If you want to make the tastiest banana bread, make sure to use overripe bananas.
Procedures[edit | edit source]
Equipment[edit | edit source]
- Medium sized bowl
- Baking pan
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Mash the bananas into a smooth paste. When working with a significant quantity of bananas, mash them with a fork or a potato masher.
- Stir in the sugar and baking soda.
- Stir in the egg and butter.
- If desired to balance the sweetness or flavor, add a pinch of salt and stir well.
- Combine the flour and cinnamon. Add this mixture in a slow, steady stream, stirring constantly until smooth and lump-free. Do not over-mix, or it will become tough.
- Transfer the batter to a greased baking pan. Tap the pan on the table after pouring the batter to assist remove air bubbles and set the batter in the baking pan, making it easier to remove after baking.
- Bake at at 350˚F until it turns golden brown and a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow your bread to cool somewhat before removing it from the baking pan. This will prevent your bread from breaking apart as you remove it.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You can use margarine in place of butter or peanut butter in place of butter for a nutritious vegan banana bread.
- Any type of flour can be used in this banana bread recipe, but the texture will vary depending on the type of flour you choose. Oatmeal flour can also be used.