Cookbook:Nick's Cinnamon Chicken
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 2-3 chicken breasts
- ~3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 can (28oz/800ml) whole tomatoes
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1/4-1/2 peach, chopped finely OR 1-2 tablespoons honey
- 1 splash of vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- enough pasta for 4 servings (cheese tortellini is good)
- Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan.
- LIGHTLY brown chicken breasts - don't cook them through.
- Add the onion and fry for a couple of minutes.
- Add peach (if you're using peach) and fry for another minute.
- Cut the tomatoes in half and add them.
- Add everything else and simmer, covered, for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove the lid and let it simmer for about 15 more minutes.
- In the meantime, cook the pasta according to the directions on the package.
- Remove cinnamon sticks from sauce. Serve over hot pasta with freshly grated Parmesan and garlic bread.