Cookbook:Mực nhồi thịt (Vietnamese Stuffed Squid)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Mực nhồi thịt[edit | edit source]
Ingredients for main dish:
- 12 small squid – cleaned with tentacles removed & reserved
- 2 spring onions – cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 dried black mushrooms – soak in warm water for 30 minutes and quartered
- 2 tablespoons of nước mắm
- 1 small carrot – sliced
- 30 grams bamboo shoots – drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon of Nước màu (caramel sauce)
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 12 toothpicks
Ingredients for stuffing:
- 6 squid tentacles – finely chopped
- 250 grams pork fat – minced
- 2 cloves garlic – mashed
- 1 spring onions – finely chopped
- 2 dried black mushrooms – soak in warm water for 30 minutes, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon nước mắm
- Pinch of sugar, salt and pepper
Procedure[edit | edit source]
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine chopped squid tentacles, minced pork fat and garlic. Add spring onion and mushrooms to the squid mixture, along with nước mắm, sugar, salt and pepper. Stuff into the squid heads and secure the openings with toothpicks.
- Place stuffed squid in a casserole or clay pot along with the sliced carrot, bamboo shoots, spring onions, quartered mushrooms and soaking liquid, caramel sauce, chicken stock and nước mắm.
Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes. Serve in the pot accompanied by steamed rice.