Template:PadKhanom Salim (Thai: ขนมซาหริ่ม) is a traditional dessert of Thailand. It is a sweet colored Mung Bean Noodle and served with coconut milk and crushed ice. Khanom Salim is one of the most famous Thai desserts in Thailand because it has a unique flavor , ingredients ,and scent of jasmine.
- Salim Press (used for making dough into noodles)
- Bowl(400 ml)
Flour ingredients :
- 1 cup (100 g) Mung bean Flour
- 5 cups (550 g) water
- Food coloring
Simple Syrup ingredients :
- 2 cups (400 g) white sugar
- 1 cup (110 g) water
- 1 cup (150 g) Coconut Milk
- Jasmine flavor
- Crushed ice
- Mix the Mung Bean Flour in water , and then separate it into 2 or 3 portions.Add 1-2 drops of food coloring.
- Pour dough into a large pan and put it on the stove over low heat.
- Stir constantly until the flour is cooked and has become clear after about 15 minutes.
- Put all the dough in the Salim Press , and press the dough into a bowl of cold water.
- Make a simple syrup by mixing the sugar and water together over a stove over low heat.
- Put the sweet noodles into a small bowl with crushed ice ,and coconut milk on the top .Then serve it.
- "Salim". http://www.templeofthai.com/recipes/thai-dessert-salim.php. Retrieved 11 September 2014.
- "Salim Press". http://www.templeofthai.com/cookware/salim-noodle-coconut-milk-6210000451.php.
- "Mungbean flour". wisegeek. http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-mung-bean-flour.htm. Retrieved 9 September 2014.