Cookbook:Bulgarian fresh sausage (Kebapcheta)
(Redirected from Cookbook:Kebapcheta)
- 1 kg minced meat (60% pork + 40% beef; if meat is very lean modify to 75% pork + 25% beef or kepabcheta will be dry)
- 1 onion, very finely minced, or processed to paste (not necessary to use onion, as then it's different from Kyufte)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (sometimes spelled "cummin"; botanical name: Cuminum Cyminum)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt to taste
- Salt the meat, mix well, cover, and let stand in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours.
- Then mix with cumin, black pepper, onion, and some water (5-6 tablespoons).
- Let stand for another 2 hours.
- Form into oblong rissoles (skinless sausages) and grill on medium-high heat.
- DO NOT OVERCOOK, OR YOU WILL END UP WITH DRY AND CRUMBLY KEBAPCHETA, which are totally uncharacteristic.
- Serve hot with your choice of sides. They are best with golden French fries and cold lager or pilsner beer.