Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- Vegetable oil
- Beef, cooked and in bite-sized pieces
- Onions, chopped
- Carrot, chopped
- Red and green bell peppers, chopped
- Green peas
- Seasoning cube
- Sweetcorn kernels
- Tomatoes, blended
- Tomato paste
- Beef stock
- Instant couscous
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Heat the vegetable oil in a pan. Add chopped beef, and fry until golden brown. Set aside.
- Add onions and carrots, and fry for a minute.
- Add the chopped peppers and peas.
- Add seasoning cubes and salt to taste.
- Stir in the corn kernels.
- Transfer the cooked vegetables to a plate, and set aside.
- Heat some more oil in the same pan, and add the blended tomatoes.
- Stir in the tomato paste, and fry for 3 minutes.
- Stir in some beef stock or water.
- Stir in the couscous, making sure the couscous is well-coated with the sauce. Cover with a lid, remove from the heat, and let rest until the liquid is absorbed.
- Stir in the cooked beef and cooked vegetables.