Cookbook:Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Green chicken curry with coconut milk)
|Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk|
Serve this hearty dish with rice.
- 3-4 big leeks (chop coarsely)
- 2 green bell pepper
- 850 g cubed chicken meat
- for marinating the meat: garlic and soy sauce
- oil for frying
- 1-2 cans of coconut milk
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (can be left out)
The curry paste (grind with mortar and pestle):
- 2 tbsp dried coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp black peppercorns
- 2 cm fresh ginger
- fresh coriander
- 2 big cloves of garlic
- 3 tbsp onion
- 1-5 pieces of lemongrass, coarsely cut
- Fry the curry paste with oil for a couple of minutes in a big pot. Add leeks and bell pepper. Shortly after, add the coconut milk and let simmer 20-30 minutes with lid.
- While waiting, marinate the meat: Crush garlic into a bowl with some soy sauce and mix in the chicken meat cubes. Fry the meat with oil.
- Finally add the meat cubes to the big pot and taste with basil, salt and fish sauce.