Cookbook:Gluten-Free Quinoa Vegetable Slaw With Peanut Dressing
Jump to navigation Jump to search
For the salad
- 1 cup cooked black quinoa, cooled
- 3 cups shredded purple cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 6 mini red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves
For the Peanut Dressing:
- 3 tablespoons lightly roasted creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons Tamari
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 3 teaspoons tossed sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- 1/4 cup roasted and salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- For the Salad: Cook the quinoa per the package instructions and cool. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cabbage, carrots, scallions, red peppers and cilantro leaves. Using your hands, lightly toss and set aside.
- For the Peanut Dressing: In a small mixing bowl add the peanut butter, Tamari, rice vinegar, sesame oil, lime juice, chili sauce and water. Whisk the dressing until well incorporated.
- To serve, mix in the cooled, cooked quinoa with the vegetable mixture the and chopped peanuts. Drizzle with the peanut dressing and gently toss to incorporate. Serve immediately.