Cookbook:Fricassée de Poulet à l’Alsacienne
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Fricassée de Poulet à l’Alsacienne|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 kg (4 lbs) chicken pieces
- 250 g (8 oz) mushrooms, coarsely chopped
- 125 g (4 oz) bacon, coarsely chopped
- 10 onions, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 45 g (1½ oz) butter
- 1 bottle red wine
- 3 sprigs parsley
- 1 sprig thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Chopped parsley, for garnish
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 180°C (350°F).
- Remove the skin from the chicken. Season all the pieces.
- Pour the oil into a flame-proof casserole.
- Render the bacon and add the onions.
- Add garlic, the mushrooms, and then the chicken. Add the wine and herbs.
- Bake for about 45 minutes.
- Several minutes before the end of the cooking period, add the flour mixed with the olive oil to the liquid in the casserole, and mix well, turning the chicken pieces to coat well with the sauce.
- Sprinkle the chicken with chopped parsley before serving.