Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Servings||6 to 8 slices|
Field Dreams is an eclectic yet easy to make appetizer. The unusual flavors and ingredient combination makes this an excellent way to start a dinner party.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Wash the apples and cut across (i.e. not from top to bottom) into slices 1/4 inch thick. Preferably the apples should come from the refrigerator as the cold temperature will add to the contrast.
- Cover one side of the apple slices with yellow mustard.
- Crumble the goat cheese onto each slice.
- Serve immediately as is.
Makes 6 to 8 slices.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- Tip 1: Golden delicious apples are preferable, yet any sweet, crisp apple will do.
- Tip 2: Add honey roasted nuts of some kind along with the goat cheese for an interesting combination.
- Tip 3: For a professional look, lay each slice of apple on lettuce or another type of garnish.