Jump to navigation Jump to search
Feijao Tropeiro is a traditional side dish in many parts of Brazil.
- 2 lbs pinto beans
- 2 lbs sausage of your choice (mild Italian is good in this dish)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 small yellow onions
- 1/2 pound slab bacon
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 1 bunch chopped green onions
- 1 bunch collard greens
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- Prepare beans according to package, drain and set aside to cool
- In large pan cook bacon and sausage.
- Remove sausage and bacon.
- Slice sausage into 1 inch-thick pieces.
- In pan with bacon grease, sauté white onion and garlic.
- Slice collard green into small (1/8") strips.
- Mix all ingredients except hard boiled eggs in large bowl using a wooden spoon.
- Drizzle with olive oil and stir gently.
- Garnish with sliced boiled eggs.
May be served hot or cold.