Cookbook:English Banana Caramel Dessert
This "jolly good" dessert was originally created in an old London bakery. At one point in time it was very popular throughout all of England. It has now has spread throughout Europe and the Americas, especially the north-east region of North America (with Bostonians having developed a particular liking for it). The ingredients are simple, the time it takes to prepare is short, and the dessert is simply delicious!
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 refrigerated can of cinnamon rolls
- 1 cup caramel topping (similar to sundae toppings)
- 2-3 cups vanilla ice cream (optional)
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- In a small bowl, combine bananas, vanilla, and melted butter, until bananas are well coated. On a cookie sheet, unroll two cinnamon rolls, leaving the two triangles attached to form a square. Place 1/4 of banana mixture in the center of each pair of rolls.
- Bake for 11 to 13 minutes, or until the pastry is golden brown. Heat the caramel topping and drizzle over dessert. Serve warm. It can also be served with a side dish of ice cream if one chooses.