Jump to navigation Jump to search
Daigakuimo (Japanese: 大学芋) is a Japanese candied sweet potato.
- 1 pound (½kg) sweet potatoes
- ⅓ cup sugar
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tsp sesame seeds
- vegetable oil for frying
- Cut sweet potatoes into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil and fry the sweet potatoes at 350°F (175°C) until brown.
- Mix water, sugar, and soy sauce in a pan. Put the pan on low heat.
- When the liquid turns sticky, remove from the heat and add fried sweet potatoes. Quickly mix the potatoes with the sticky sugar.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds over the coated sweet potatoes.