(Redirected from Cookbook:Crème caramel)
- Full cream Milk - 1 litre
- Sweetened condensed milk - 150 ml
- White bread - 2-3 slices
- Cornstarch - 1/2 cup
- Sugar - 4 tbsps
- Vanilla essence - 1-2 tsps
- Star anise - 2 stars
- Cinnamon - 2 sticks
- Firstly, bring 3/4 ltrs of the milk and sugar to a boil, stirring occasionally. Add star anise and the cinnamon sticks as well.
- Grind the bread in a mixer till powdered. Add 250 ml of chilled milk in the bread and blend until smooth. Check that no lumps are formed.
- In a bowl mix the cornstarch and essence of vanilla along with 1/2 a cup of milk (room temperature).
- Bring together the bread mixture and the cornstarch mix and pour it into the milk (now simmered).
- Stir continuously till the mixture becomes thick and smooth. Make sure it doesn't stick.
for the caramel
- In a saucepan add the butter and the sugar together and keep mixing on high flame till it gives a golden brown color.
- Take it off the stove. Keep stirring till it starts cooling down.
- Let the caramel stay till it cools down completely.
for the pudding
- After the caramel has hardened, pour the milk and the bread mixture onto it.
- Let it set down for a while and refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Serve chilled.