Cookbook:Coconut Pudding I
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Coconut Pudding)
|Coconut Pudding I|
Cookbook | Ingredients | Recipes
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 2 tender (young) coconuts, flesh scooped out
- 1 cup tender (young) coconut water
- ¼ cup China grass (agar) strands
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup condensed milk
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Purée the young coconut flesh in a blender, and keep aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the tender coconut water and china-grass strands. Heat gently until the china-grass strands melt completely.
- In the meantime, heat milk and condensed milk in another saucepan over medium heat. Let it come to a boil.
- To the boiled milk, add the melted china-grass mixture, and combine well.
- Remove from the flame and let it cool down for at least 5 minutes.
- Add the pureed tender coconut to the cooled milk mixture, and mix everything well.
- Pour the mixture into a cake pan or stainless steel pan.
- Place the pudding in the freezer for about 15 minutes or until it begins to set.
- Remove the pudding from the freezer and place it in the refrigerator until fully set.
- Using a knife, gently cut the pudding and serve it in dessert bowls.
Notes, tips, and variations[edit | edit source]
- You could garnish the pudding with almonds, cashew nuts etc.