Cookbook:Chipotle Fish n' Chips
Chipotles add a Southwestern smoky heat to otherwise normal fish n' chips.
- 4 tilapia fillets, cut into 1-ounce strips
- 1 bottle very cold beer
- 2 cups cornmeal
- 1 tbsp Old Bay
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3-4 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed until smooth
- 1-2 tbsp adobo sauce
- Oil for deep frying
- 1 recipe French fries, instead of black pepper use chipotle powder
- Chipotle Vinegar, recipe below
- Combine all ingredients except for fish. Dredge fish in cornstarch and then dip in beer mixture. Fry at 350°, 2 at a time, for 3 minutes. Drain on a cooling rack suspended above a baking pan. If inside is undercooked, finish in a 350° oven. Serve with French fries and Chipotle Vinegar.
- 1/2 cup malt vinegar
- 2-3 canned chipotle chiles in adobo, pureed until smooth
- Pinch of salt
- Whisk together all ingredients in a dipping bowl. Keep at room temperature until needed.