Cookbook:Cassava and Coconut Dessert of Suriname (Bojo)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 kg. cassave (cassava)
- 1 coconut
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon almond essence
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 200 grams sugar
- 75 grams butter
- a pinch of salt
- 1 big glass of milk
- 100 grams raisins
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- You need to peel and grate the cassave, and grate the white coconut meat.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until firm. Add the vanilla and almond essence.
- Combine the eggs and sugar with the grated coconut and cassava.
- Add the cinnamon, milk, raisins and salt.
- Melt the butter and add it to the mixture.
- Rub the dish you want to use with butter or use Pam.
- Put the mixture in the dish. Put the dish in a pre-heated oven at 350°F (175°C). Bake the Bojo for about an hour. It needs to be firm on top but not dry on the inside.
Serving idea: sprinkle some cinnamon on top of the bojo