Cookbook:Caramelized Berry Sauce
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/4 cup heavy cream
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, divided
- Ice cream or fruit
- Place berries on a baking pan and sprinkle with half of the sugar. Place 5-6 inches under a preheated broiler until well browned.
- Remove and set aside until cool.
- Combine remaining ingredients except for butter and ice cream/fruit in a heavy saucepan over medium high heat. Add the raspberries and bring to a boil until berries break easily.
- If using a food processor or blender, remove from the heat and set aside until cool. If using an immersion blender, just do it now. Puree until smooth.
- Pour back into saucepan and place over medium high heat. Bring to a boil and cook until liquid has reduced by 2/3.
- Pour sauce over ice cream or fruit and serve.