Cookbook:Brown Sugar Nutmeg Cookies
(Redirected from Cookbook:Caramel Slices)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 375 g all-purpose flour
- 3 g cream of tartar
- 2 g baking soda
- 0.8 g ground nutmeg
- 205 g shortening, melted and cooled slightly
- 440 g packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 5 ml vanilla extract
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and nutmeg in a bowl and set aside.
- Beat together in a large bowl the melted shortening and the brown sugar. Beat in the eggs, then the vanilla extract. Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Shape dough into a log measuring 1½ inches in diameter. Wrap log in waxed paper or foil and chill for 4 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 375°F (180°C). Lightly grease 2 baking sheets.
- Slice log into slices ¼ inch thick. Place slices 1 inch apart on the baking sheets. Bake for 8-10 minutes until lightly colored. Cool on wire racks.