Cookbook:Bohrani (Spiced Yogurt Drink)
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Redirected from Cookbook:Bohrani)
|Bohrani (Spiced Yogurt Drink)|
Borhani are yoghurt-based drinks popular in Bangladesh. It's traditionally served in wedding ceremonies around the country.
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 3 tsp cumin seeds
- 500 mL (2 cups) full-fat plain yoghurt
- 1 cup (200 mL) cold water
- ½ tsp fresh green chili peppers
- ½ tsp mint
- ½ tsp coriander
- ¾ tsp white mustard seeds
- ¾ tsp ground white pepper
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 3 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp rock salt
- ½ tsp salt
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Dry-roast cumin seeds by cooking them over low heat in small pan until you can smell the seasoning, about 2 minutes. Cool and grind to a powder.
- Beat yoghurt with water until it becomes smooth. Strain green chili, mint, leaf and coriander pastes with some water blend into the yoghurt. Combine all other ingredients and mix well.
- Serve cold.