(Redirected from Cookbook:Best Coleslaw Ever)
Trust me, this is not the watery goop you knew as a child!
- 1/4 head napa cabbage, shredded
- 1/4 head red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground celery seed
- 1/4 tsp freshly ground cumin
- 1 tsp freshly ground coriander
- 1 tbs dry mustard powder
- Toss cabbage with a few big handfuls of kosher salt. Place in a colander in a bowl and let sit at room temperature 2 hours.
- Drain cabbage. Rinse with clean water and let them go for a spin in your salad spinner until relatively dry.
- Combine vinegar and spices. Microwave on high until mixture comes to a boil.
- Fold in mayonnaise and cabbage. Chill until cold. Serve chilled with something Southern, like fried chicken or some ribs.