Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 2/3 cup mashed banana (2 medium bananas)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- powdered sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon banana extract
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees (180°C). Grease a 15×10 inch jelly-roll pan; line with parchment paper. Grease and flour paper; set aside. Spread out a clean, thin dish towel on the counter (make sure the towel is larger than your jelly roll pan); sprinkle liberally with powdered sugar (this can be done using a mesh strainer).
- In a small bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda. In a large bowl combine eggs and sugar; beat until thickened. Add bananas and vanilla; beat until well mixed. Stir in flour mixture into egg mixture. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan, easing it carefully to the corners with a spatula.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or until center springs back when lightly touched.
- Immediately loosen cake from edges of pan; invert cake onto the prepared towel. Remove pan; carefully peel off paper. Roll up cake in towel while hot, starting with 10-inch side. Cool completely on wire rack, at least an hour.
- When cake is almost completely cooled, make the filling: beat cream cheese, powdered sugar, butter, and both extracts in small mixer bowl until smooth.
- When cake has cooled completely, unroll and spread with filling, then re-roll cake. Wrap rolled cake in plastic wrap then refrigerate at least one hour but overnight is best.
- To serve, unwrap cake and place on a platter. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, and then cut into slices.