Cookbook:Baked potato halves
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Baked potato halves|
|Category||Side dish recipes|
Baked potato halves is a simple potato dish made without peeling the potatoes.
- Select potatoes of similar size — around 250 grams each.
- Wash potatoes well and cut out any bad parts. Do not peel.
- Cut every potato in two halves, in the direction that will produce the thinnest halves.
- Put ¼ to ½ tsp of salt onto the flat side of one half, and rub both halves together, so that they are both salted.
- Place the potatoes onto the greased pan, flat side down, and into the oven preheated to 220°C.
- The potatoes should be baked after 45 minutes. The flat sides should form tasty orange crust.
The potatoes could be peeled by hand while eating or eaten unpeeled.