Cookbook:Bacon and Cheese Puffs
(Redirected from Cookbook:Bacon and Cheese)Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Bacon and Cheese Puffs|
Ingredients[edit | edit source]
½ cup milk 122 97.6% 1 egg, lightly beaten 50 40% 2 cups coarsely grated cheddar cheese 226 180.8% 6-8 bacon rashers, chopped 82.8-110.4 66.24-88.32% 2 small onions finely, chopped 140 112% 1 cup self raising flour 125 100% 1 teaspoon of Dijon mustard 5 4% Formula 750.8-778.4 600.64-622.72%
Procedure[edit | edit source]
- Combine the milk and egg in a bowl, and mix well. Add cheese, bacon, onions, sifted flour and mustard, then mix well.
- Drop rounded teaspoons of the mixture onto a tray lined with baking paper.
- Bake in a hot oven of 200˚C (400˚F) degrees for about 15 minutes, or until golden.
- Serve warm or cold and garnished with fresh herbs.
Conversion Notes[edit | edit source]
- Weight conversions from USDA National Nutrient Database. Original recipe text and ingredient order preserved. Egg size presumed as large. "Rashes" or "rashers" are not available in the USDA database, "Canadian bacon, cooked, pan-fried" seems the closest alternative via Wikipedia:Bacon. Dijon mustard presumed to weigh the same as prepared yellow mustard.