Cookbook:Bacon and Egg Pie
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
(Redirected from Cookbook:Bacon And Egg Pie)
- 225g (8 oz) shortcrust pastry
- 225g (8 oz) streaky bacon, rinds removed and chopped
- 3 medium eggs
- salt and pepper
- pinch mixed herbs (optional)
- milk or egg to glaze
- Pre-heat the oven to 190ºC (370ºF or gas mark 5)
- Divide the pastry into two equal portions, roll it out and line a 20 cm (8 inch) oven proof dish with one portion
- Add the bacon to the eggs and mix. The bacon can be fried or grilled if preferred
- Add any seasoning or herbs
- Now pour the mixture from step 4 into the dish. Moisten the edge of the pastry then cover the dish with the second portion of pastry
- Seal the edges. Make a small hole in the centre to allow steam to escape. The pastry can be brushed with a beaten egg or milk to improve the browning.
- Bake for about 35-40 minutes.