Cookbook:Award Winning Baby Back Ribs
Jump to navigation Jump to search
These ribs have beaten some of the best BBQ joints around, including Famous Dave's and Roscoe's, in local competitions. I'm not famous or anything, though.
- Remove membrane on the bottom of the ribs. Season both sides liberally with Rub and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Place enough hickory and applewood chunks in the firebox of a smoker to keep the temperature around 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Place ribs in smoker and cook, brushing with barbecue sauce every 1 1/2 hours, 4 hours or until very tender, changing chunks as needed.
- Brush meat side of ribs liberally with sauce and place meat side down on a very, very hot grill until well browned and slightly charred.
- Slice into one rib portions and serve with additional sauce.