Cookbook:Award Winning Baby Back Ribs
These ribs have beaten some of the best BBQ joints around, including Famous Dave's and Roscoe's, in local competitions. I'm not famous or anything, though.
- Remove membrane on the bottom of the ribs. Season both sides liberally with Rub and refrigerate at least 1 hour.
- Place enough hickory and applewood chunks in the firebox of a smoker to keep the temperature around 200 degrees F (95 degrees C).
- Place ribs in smoker and cook, brushing with barbecue sauce every 1 1/2 hours, 4 hours or until very tender, changing chunks as needed.
- Brush meat side of ribs liberally with sauce and place meat side down on a very, very hot grill until well browned and slightly charred.
- Slice into one rib portions and serve with additional sauce.