Cookbook:Apple Red Chili Chutney
From Wikibooks, open books for an open world
- 4 granny smith apples, peeled, cored and coarsely chopped
- 4 fresh red chilies (or hydrated dried chilies), diced
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon asofoetida
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh marjoram
- ½ cup toasted pine nuts (optional)
- Prepare the chutney, place apples and chilies in a heavy saucepan with sugar, lemon juice, asofoetida and water.
- Bring to boil over medium heat, lower the heat, partially cover the pan and simmer
- Stir occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Stir in marjoram and add pine nuts.
- Allow to cool, then refrigerate.
- Use within a few days.